Thursday, August 5, 2010

Last summer, I worked as a counselor at EFY.


I loved my job. One Sunday afternoon during the counselor orientation, the cutest boy ever walked it. He was such a stud. Later on in the evening, I met him. His name was Brett.


Throughout the week, some of our youth participants decided that they wanted to "hook us up." They were very persistent. They would borrow a pen of mine and give it to Brett to return the pen to it's rightful owner. They would scheme ways to get Brett and I together.


That week I was particularly close to a group of boy participants. One evening we were talking about Brett and I casually said
"Whatever... I'm just not cute enough."


One of the boys responded...
"I don't know what mirror you're looking in. Do you want to borrow mine?"


When he made that statement, he didn't mean it profoundly. But I have reflected back to that time and time again.


Sometimes, I think that we have a tendency to look in the wrong mirror. Maybe we should take time to look at ourselves and others in a different mirror.


May I add, that today, that cute boy is my husband.



So, What mirror are you (and I) looking in?






No comments:

Post a Comment